These instructions are for Verizon customers only:
It is important to perform a PRL (preferred roaming list) update on your cellular phones (including blackberry and other mobile devices) at least every three months. Please follow the instructions listed below:
To use PRL Update, do the following:
- Power on your phone.
- Dial *228 and then press SEND (this should be done from your home calling area, do not wait until you travel outside the area)
- When prompted, press option 2 to update your phones roaming capabilities (the update may take up to 2 minutes).
- Once completed, a confirmation message will be played, and a message will display on the phone screen.
What is the purpose of the PRL (Preferred Roaming List)?
- Roaming is the ability to place and receive calls on cellular networks outside your home service area. So, using the PRL Update function updates your mobile phone to the most current roaming capabilities applicable for your pricing plan.
- By performing this update, your phone will stay on the Verizon Wireless network and/or digital service whenever possible.
- Longer battery life.
- Fewer dropped or blocked calls.
- Clear, crisp connections in even more areas across the United States.
- Ability to connect to the digital network in more parts of the country.